Saturday, March 3, 2012

Both the Whalers and Novi Wings win in shootouts!









Friday night, me, my dad and Alex saw the Whalers beat the Brampton Battalion 4-3 in a shootout. Andy Bathgate of the Whalers won the game with a shootout goal. It was great! Andy's grandfather played for the Maple Leafs and Red Wings in the NHL and is in the Hockey Hall of Fame. His name is Andy too. I put Andy's picture up because he won the game. They also announced my name over the loudspeaker because I won the Whalers Kid's Club prize which was a signed photo of Alex Aleardi which was good because Alex is my favorite player.

Today, my team played the Arsenal team who were in first place and undefeated. On the way to the game, I told my dad I was nervous about playing Arsenal because they are so good and my dad said we could win if we played well. Well we won 4-3 in a shootout. I was the fourth shooter from our team in the shootout. My dad says in hockey, the coach sends the best player first, the second best player second, the third best player third, just like that for the shootout so I was the fourth player chosen. I deked the goalie but he did not move so I tried to flip it over his shoulder but it went over the net and I did not score. Then two shooters later, Josh from our team scored to win the game. We were all celebrating on the ice and the last picture is when we jumped on our goalie. I am number 9 with the white helmet.

The first picture is me with my shootout. Some of the pictures are a little blurry because my parents did not plan on taking pictures but when they saw we were playing good and might beat Arsenal, they got a cheap camera and started taking pictures. I think they look ok.

My team, the Novi Wings are 3-3 this year. This is our first year in this higher league but we are getting better and it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment