Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Whalers win 6-2!


Me, Alex and my dad went to Compuware Arena to see the Whalers home opener against the Erie Otters on Saturday.

It was a real good game and the Whalers won 6-2. My favorite player Alex Aleardi scored twice and got one assist. He was the first star of the game.

The Whalers drew first blood and I told my dad that we were going to say that in the blog. They got the first goal and then got more and then won.

One of Alex's goals was really cool and he went in real fast on left wing and got by 2 or 3 Otters and skated right in and slipped it by the goalie. We think the goalie should have saved it but he didn't. I went on plymouthwhalers.com to look at the replay of the goal and it is a really pretty goal.

I did not like the Erie goalie because when the puck came in the crease, he would never cover it up or clear it. He would just let it sit there. We were screaming for him to cover the puck even though we wanted the Whalers to win.

We got this new guy named J.T. Miller who is a real good stick handler and he looked pretty good. I like him.

Next week the Whalers play Friday and Saturday. We are going Saturday and will go Friday too if the Tigers don't start the playoffs Friday because we have tickets to Game 1 of the Tigers playoffs but right now they don't know when the game will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment